Conor McGregor Trademarks
A while ago I posted about Conor McGregor applying for trademarks, and that they were for Ireland only. It got some press coverage, and we all expressed surprise that he hadn’t done it before, and I said I thought it likely that a worldwide application under the Madrid Protocol would follow….and then this:
A trademark application lodged two days ago in the UK for:
- The Notorious Conor McGregor
- Conor The Notorious McGregor
- Conor McGregor The Notorious
And the application filed for all this stuff:
List of goods and services
- Class 3
- Aftershave;Cosmetics;Fragrances for personal use;Perfume;Shave creams;Shaving foam;Shaving gel;Shaving lotion;Toiletries.
- Class 8
- Razors;Shaving blades;Tin openers, non-electric.
- Class 9
- Cd roms;Compact disc (CD);Computer game cassettes;Computer game programs;Computer game software;Computer game software for use with on-line interactive games;Computer games programs downloaded via the internet [software];Computer games programs [software];Computers;DVDs;Protective clothing;Teaching and instructional apparatus.
- Class 14
- Precious metals and their alloys; Jewellery; Amulets; Charms; Necklaces; Cufflinks; Precious stones; Horological and chronometric instruments; Clocks; Watches; Watchstraps; Medals and medallions; Key rings; Ornaments [statues] made of precious metal; Statuettes of precious metal and their alloys.
- Class 16
- Books;Calendars;Diaries;Printed publications;Promotional publications.
- Class 18
- Goods of leather and imitations of leather; Trunks and travelling bags; Rucksacks; Gym bags; Wallets; Purses; Coin purses; Hand bags; Key bags; umbrellas, parasols; Briefcases and attache cases; Gym bags.
- Class 21
- Household or kitchen utensils and containers; Glassware, porcelain and earthenware not included in other classes; Figurines of porcelain, terra cotta or glass; Drinking vessels; Bottle openers, electric and non-electric; Lunch boxes; Mugs, Goblets; Piggy banks (not of metal); Statues and statuettes of glass, porcelain or terra-cotta.
- Class 25
- Clothing ;Footwear ;Headgear for wear.
- Class 26
- Sew-on items; Pins; Ribbons; Belt buckles.
- Class 28
- Games and playthings;Gymnastic and sporting articles.
- Class 29
- Processed fruits, fungi and vegetables (including nuts and pulses); Fish, seafood and molluscs; Birds eggs and egg products; Meats; Dairy products and dairy substitutes; Oils and fats; Stock; Soups; Dips; Desserts made from milk products; Prepared salads; Fruit-based snack food; Fruit desserts; Stews; French fries; Potato chips; Prepared meals consisting substantially of seafood; Prepared meals made from poultry [poultry predominating]; Prepared meals made from meat [meat predominating]; Prepared meals consisting principally of game; Cooked meals consisting principally of fish; Prepared meals containing [principally] eggs; Yoghurt desserts.
- Class 30
- Baked goods, confectionery, chocolate and desserts; Processed grains, starches, and goods made thereof, baking preparations and yeasts; Ice, ice creams, frozen yogurts and sorbets; Coffee, teas and cocoa and substitutes therefor; Salts, seasonings, flavourings and condiments; Sugars, natural sweeteners, sweet coatings and fillings, by-ee-products; Chocolate-based ready-to-eat food bars; Chips [cereal products]; Savory pastries; Pies; Pasta dishes; Pizza; Rice-based snack food; Sandwiches; Snack food products made from cereal flour; Snack foods prepared from maize; Cereal bars and energy bars; Prepared rice dishes.
- Class 32
- Beers; Mineral and aerated waters and other non-alcoholic beverages; Fruit beverages and fruit juices; Syrups and preparations for making beverages; Beverages containing vitamins; Energy drinks; Smoothies; Still water; Flavoured waters.
- Class 35
- Advertising; Business management; Business administration; Office functions; Business services relating to the provision of sponsorship; Marketing services.
- Class 41
- Advertising; Business management; Business administration; Office functions; Business services relating to the provision of sponsorship; Marketing services;Education;Entertainment;Gymnasium services;Gymnastic instruction;Health club services [health and fitness training];Provision of health club [physical exercise] facilities;Sporting and cultural activities.
- Class 43
- Cafe services;Hotel accommodation services;Provision of food and drink;Restaurant services;Take-away fast food services;Temporary accommodation.
- Class 44
- Barber shops;Beauty salons;Hairdressing services;Health care services.
Who has filed such an application??
WAIT A MINUTE…….You’re not Conor McGregor.
I put it to you Sir, that that may prove to be a mistake: