Yesterday, the British Broadcasting Corporation filed a Trade Mark Application seeking Europe wide protection for a “Police Public Call Box”. That, of itself, seems like an unusual thing to want to have a Trade Mark in, but as many Dr Who fans will have already figured out, this is no ordinary “Police Public Call Box”, Oh no. It’s THIS “Police Public Call Box”
Yes, that’s correct, the BEEB just apply to Trade Mark the Tardis.
See the full application here – http://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014582969
And they want to use it for a lot of stuff too!!
Goods and services
- 9Cinematographic and photographic films; sound and video recordings; recorded television and radio programmes; motion pictures; animated cartoons; data recordings, including audio, video, still and moving images and text, also in interactive format; programmes and web-based audiovisual content for broadcast or other transmission on television, radio, mobile telephones, personal digital assistants and personal computers, including in 3D format; apparatus for recording, broadcasting, transmission, receiving, processing, generating, reproducing, distributing, re-distributing, tracking, tagging, encoding and decoding of audio and video content, still and moving images, data and metadata; magnetic data carriers, recording discs, memory carriers, compact discs, interactive compact discs, CD-ROMs and DVDs, mini-disks, CD-Is, tapes, cassettes, cartridges, cards and other carriers, all bearing or for use in bearing sound recordings, video recordings, data, metadata, images, graphics, text or programs; software; computer programs; computer software, including software for use in downloading, storing, processing, reproducing, organising, distributing and re-distributing audio, video, still and moving images and data; application software, including application software for mobile phones, wearable digital electronic devices and other portable digital devices; virtual reality software, hardware and apparatus; educational and learning software, electronic educational and learning apparatus and instruments; IP-based computer software platforms for the production, formatting, management and distribution of sound, images and data; mobile phone games; digital games; DVD games; computer games software and equipment; computer software for personalized and interactive television; downloadable electronic publications; ring tones and graphics (downloadable) for mobile phones; downloadable graphics for computers; digital music, audio and video recordings (downloadable) from the internet; electronic bulletin boards; mouse mats; radio signal transmitters and receivers; apparatus and instruments for the reception of radio and television broadcasts including the reception of cable, satellite and digital broadcasts; spectacles (glasses), sunglasses; parts and fittings for all the aforesaid goods.
- 14Articles of precious metal and their alloys, and articles coated with precious metal and their alloys; jewellery; horological and chronometric instruments; badges, coasters, jewellery boxes, key fobs, key rings and key chains, all of precious metal or coated with precious metal; cuff links, trinkets, watch straps, ornamental pins; watches and clocks; cases of precious metal or coated therewith.
- 16Printed publications; paper; cardboard; printed matter; magazines; books; catalogues; programmes; photographs; stationery; artists’ materials; paint brushes; instructional and teaching material; printing blocks; posters; cards; postcards; greetings cards; trading cards; invitations; diaries; calendars; photograph albums; prints; gift bags, gift boxes, gift tags and gift wrap; notepads; writing instruments and crayons; stickers; transfers; stamps; personal organisers; address books; note books; pen and pencil holders; desk mats; embroidery, sewing and knitting patterns; postage stamps; coasters made of cardboard and paper.
- 18All purpose leather straps, garment bags for travel, key chains, key cases, bags, suitcases, credit card holders, pouches, purses, shopping bags and wallets all made of leather or imitations of leather; belts; bags, trunks, valises, suitcases, travelling bags, garment bags, vanity cases, rucksacks, satchels, holdalls, handbags, shoulder bags, camera cases, shopping bags; purses, pouches, wallets, key holders, card holders; pochettes; labels; cosmetic cases and bags; umbrellas, parasols; clothing for pets; collars and leashes for animals.
- 21Household or kitchen utensils and containers; small domestic utensils and containers; combs and sponges; brushes; glassware, porcelain and earthenware; ornaments, statuettes and figurines of ceramic, china, crystal, glass, earthenware, terra cotta and porcelain; tableware; plates and ornamental plates; wall plaques; drinking vessels; mugs; jugs; tankards; bottles, insulated bottles and flasks; jars; egg cups; lunch boxes; coasters, not of paper and other than table linen; serving trays; candlesticks; napkin rings and holders; soapboxes; tooth brushes; serving trays of precious metal or coated with precious metal.
- 24Textiles and textile goods; household linen; bed linen; table linen; curtains; table mats; sheets, pillow cases, duvet covers; bed spreads, sleeping bags; towels; face towels; curtains; wall hangings of textiles; banners; handkerchiefs; cushion covers; embroidery and sewing kits; textile coasters.
- 25Clothing; footwear; headgear.
- 28Toys, games, playthings; sporting articles; Christmas crackers, tree decorations and ornaments; dolls; soft toys; plush toys; toy and novelty face masks; toy musical boxes; toy musical instruments; toy models; puzzles; kites; play balls and play balloons; flippers; floats and inflatable toys for play purposes; playing cards; computer, electronic and video games programmes and equipment; apparatus for games adapted for use with television receivers; puppets; plastic toys; bath toys; playsets; developmental toys; wheeled toys; scooters, bicycles and tricycles; sit on rides; costumes being children’s playthings.
- 38Telecommunications; communications services; broadcasting and transmission of television, radio, film, music, audio and video content by cable, DTT, DSL, satellite and over the internet and mobile networks; broadcasting and transmission of television, radio, film, audio and video content to mobile telephones, personal digital assistants and personal computers; video-on-demand and near on demand telecommunications; transmission of audio, video and/or audio visual programming (by any means); streaming of audio and video content over the internet; streaming delivery of video-on-demand streams to viewers; personalised and interactive telecommunications, broadcasting and transmission services; broadcasting services via the uploading, downloading, capturing, posting, showing, editing, playing, streaming, viewing, previewing, displaying, tagging, blogging, sharing, manipulating, distributing, publishing, reproducing, of electronic media, multimedia content, videos, movies, pictures, images, text, photos, games, user-generated content, audio content, and information via the Internet or other computer and communications networks; providing a video sharing portal; television broadcasting services incorporating interactive services for viewing guides and intelligent automated selection for programme recordal; television screen based information, broadcasting and retrieval services; provision of communications services for accessing and retrieving radio and television programmes; provision of a connection between a website and television viewers via an interactive television portal; webcasting and podcasting services; electronic mail services; news information and news agency services; rental of radio and television broadcasting facilities; provision of on-line electronic bulletin boards for the transmission of messages among computer users; provision of access to web logs (blogs); provision of access to interactive polling services; providing access to and leasing of access time to a computer database; provision of connections between multiple devices able to receive synchronised broadcast services; advisory, consultancy and information services relating to the aforesaid, including such services provided online from a computer network or via the Internet or extranets.
- 41Provision of entertainment, education, recreation, instruction, tuition and training; production, presentation and distribution of television and radio programmes, audio, video, still and moving images and data including on-line from a database, over the internet, by satellite or mobile networks or any other electronic or digital media; production, presentation and distribution of films for television and cinema, music, news, current affairs, sports and educational information; personalized and interactive entertainment services; interactive television and radio selection services for viewers; publishing services (including electronic publishing services); provision of non-downloadable electronic publications; organisation, production and presentation of shows, competitions, games, quizzes, studio entertainment and audience participation events, roadshows, concerts, exhibitions and events; language teaching; provision of information and advisory services relating to any of the aforesaid services, including such services provided online from a computer network or via the Internet or extranets.
Admiring the hard work you put into your site and in depth information you present.
It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed information. Great read!
I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.