@redbull have applied for trademark in the EU for DoodleArt"/>
@Samsung Samsung OneRemote"/>
@JKCorden give the ninja a call fella KaraokeTaxi ShowTaxi StarKaraoke CarPoolKaraoke"/>
This is is a really interesting case (and article) on Trade Mark infringement in search results. It’s cropping up a lot more recently in litigation and is going to continue to do so I think. Link to the full Article below:
Multi Time Machine, Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc.
Holding that a reasonable jury could find that online retailer created a likelihood of consumer confusion through the format of its product search returns, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reversed the district court’s grant of summary judgment in a trademark infringement action filed by a watch company that did not authorize distribution via the online retailor. Multi Time Machine, Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc. Case No. 13-55575 (9th Cir., July 6, 2015) (Bea, J.) (Silverman, J., dissenting).
Read the full article here: Do Amazon.com’s Search Results Constitute Trademark Infringement? – Intellectual Property – United States
It’s a wet and miserable Tuesday in Dublin, Ireland
Here’s some interesting IP to brighten up your day (yeah, like that’s going to do it):
- Data Protection in Ireland in Corporate Insolvency – The Fallout from Mt. Carmel – https://www.siliconrepublic.com/enterprise/2015/08/24/data-protection-regulation-ireland
- Is making a bad copy still copyright infringement? http://www.canadiantechlawblog.com/2015/08/21/unusable-copies-and-copyright-infringement/?utm_source=Mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=View-Original
- Australian Post Office Service Sue for Trade Mark Infringement – http://www.smartcompany.com.au/legal/intellectual-property/48144-letter-boxing-sendle-says-australia-post-trying-to-stamp-out-post-without-the-office-slogan.html
- Yelp reviewers not entitled to be paid (well duh) – http://www.californiaworkplacelawblog.com/2015/08/articles/class-actions/common-sense-prevails-as-court-knocks-out-yelp-reviewers-class-action-seeking-pay-for-voluntary-online-reviews/
- €62 MILLION awarded for Trade Mark Infringement – http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/attorney-says-pods-wins-60-million-award-in-trademark-infringement-lawsuit/2199386
- Trade Mark Infringement written in the Stars – http://ipkitten.blogspot.ie/2015/08/star-wars-its-all-greek-but-opposition.html
More tomorrow at lunchtime