Star Wars Forces Of Destiny
Lucas film have filed a trademark for ‘Star Wars Forces of Destiny” in the EU
The application was filed on 08 December 2016
The details are set out below
Here’s the goods and services the “Forces of Destiny” trademark has been applied for:
Goods and services
- 9Scientific, nautical, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electricity; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; compact discs, DVDs and other digital recording media; mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment, computers; interfaces for computers; computer software; computer games software; computer game software for use on mobile and cellular phones; fire-extinguishing apparatus; fire beaters; fire boats; fire engines; motor fire engines; fire hose nozzles; recorded content; information technology and audiovisual equipment; magnets, magnetizers and demagnetizers; devices for treatment using electricity; apparatus, instruments and cables for electricity; optical devices, enhancers and correctors; safety, security, protection and signalling devices; diving equipment; navigation, guidance, tracking, targeting and map making devices; measuring, detecting and monitoring instruments, indicators and controllers; scientific research and laboratory apparatus, educational apparatus and simulators; eyeglasses and sunglasses; protective helmets; life jackets; life belts; life buoys; life nets; life-saving rafts; cinematographic films (exposed), exposed films; animated cartoons; audio discs; audio recordings; audio and video recordings; audio speakers; binoculars; calculators; camcorders; cameras; tripods for cameras; CD-ROMs; CD-ROM drives (as part of the computer); CD-ROM writers (as part of the computer); cellular telephones; cellular telephone accessories; cellular telephone cases; cell phone straps; chips containing musical recordings; face plates for cellular telephones; compact disc players; compact disc recorders; compact discs; computer game programs; computer game cartridges and discs; computer keyboards; computer monitors; computer mouse; computer disc drives; cordless telephones; magnets; decorative magnets; digital cameras; digital video and audio players; DVD players; DVD recorders; digital versatile discs; digital video discs; pre-recorded optical and magneto-optical discs; optical and magneto-optical disc players and recorders for audio, video and computer data; electrical and optical cables; electronic personal organizers; eyeglass cases; eyeglass chains; eyeglass cords; eyeglass frames; graduated rulers for office and stationery; headphones; karaoke machines; microphones; MP3 players; modems (as part of a computer); mouse pads; motion picture films; musical recordings; pagers; personal stereos; personal digital assistants; printers; radios; telephones; television sets; video cameras; video cassette recorders; video cassette players; video game cartridges; video game discs; video cassettes videophones; video recordings; walkie-talkies; wrist and arm rests for use with computers; handheld digital electronic devices and software related thereto; wearable computers, wearable computer peripherals, and software related thereto; cleaning apparatus for phonograph records; containers for contact lenses; downloadable image files; downloadable music files; downloadable ring tones for mobile phones; egg-candlers; electronic publications, downloadable; masts for wireless aerials; mechanical signs; oxygen transvasing apparatus; reflecting discs for wear, for the prevention of traffic accidents; respirators for filtering air; respirators, other than for artificial respiration; retorts’ stands; safety restraints, other than for vehicle seats and sports equipment; spark-guards; spectacle cases; spectacle frames; sprinkler systems for fire protection; stands for photographic apparatus; wrist rests for use with computers; house painters’ rollers.
- 16Paper and cardboard; printed matter; bookbinding material; photographs; stationery; adhesives for stationery or household purposes; adhesive tapes for stationery or household purposes; self-adhesive tapes for stationary or household purposes; artists’ materials; paintbrushes; typewriters and office requisites (except furniture); instructional and teaching material (except apparatus); plastic materials for packaging; packaging material made of starches; printers’ type; printing blocks; works of art and figurines of paper and cardboard, and architects’ models; decoration and art materials and media; filtering materials of paper; bags and articles for packaging, wrapping and storage of paper, cardboard or plastics; stationery and educational supplies; money holders; disposable paper products; chaplets; holders for checkbooks [cheque books]; money clips; passport holders; address books; almanacs; appliqués in the form of decals; appointment books; art prints; arts and craft paint kits; autograph books; baby books; ball point pens; baseball cards; binders; bookends; bookmarks; books; bumper stickers; calendars; cartoon strips; crayons; Christmas cards; chalk; chalk boards; marking chalk; children’s activity books; coasters made of paper; coin albums; colouring books; colouring pages; colour pencils; comic books; comic strips; coupon books; decals; decorative paper centerpieces; diaries; drawing rulers; dry erase writing boards; envelopes; erasers; felt pens; flash cards; gift cards; gift wrapping paper; globes; greeting cards; guest books; magazines; maps; markers; memo pads; modelling clay; newsletters; newspapers; note paper; notebooks; notebook paper; paintings; paper flags; paper cake decorations; paper party decorations; paper napkins; paper party bags; paperweights; paper gift wrap bows; paper pennants; paper place mats; paper table cloths; plastic party bags; pen or pencil holders; pencils; pencil sharpeners; pen and pencil cases and boxes; pens; periodicals; photograph albums; pictorial prints; picture books; portraits; postcards; posters; printed awards; printed certificates; printed invitations; printed menus; recipe books; rubber stamps; sandwich bags; score cards; stamp albums; staplers; stickers; trading cards; ungraduated rulers; writing paper; writing implements; letter openers of precious metal; decorative glitter pens for stationery purposes; bags for microwave cooking; balls for ball-point pens; composing frames (printing); composing sticks; engraving plates; galley racks (printing); garbage bags of paper or of plastics; graining combs; hand labelling appliances; house painters’ rollers; apparatus for mounting photographs; photograph stands; printers’ blankets, not of textile; printers’ reglets; sheets of reclaimed cellulose for wrapping; steatite (tailor’s chalk); tailors’ chalk; trays for sorting and counting money; vignetting apparatus; wristbands for the retention of writing instruments.
- 18Leather and imitations of leather; goods made of leather and imitations of leather, namely, bags, backpacks, calling card cases, coin purses, fanny packs, key cases, luggage, luggage tags, purses, umbrellas, wallets; animal skins, hides; trunks and travelling bags; umbrellas, parasols and walking sticks, walking cane handles; walking stick seats, frames for umbrellas or parasols, umbrella covers, umbrella handles, umbrella or parasol ribs, umbrella rings, umbrella sticks; whips, harness and saddlery; all purpose sport bags; athletic bags; baby backpacks; backpacks; beach bags; book bags; change purses; coin purses; diaper bags; duffel bags; fanny packs; gym bags; handbags; handbag frames; knapsacks; key cases; luggage; luggage tags; overnight bags; purses; satchels; shopping bags; tote bags; waist packs; attaché cases; bandoliers; briefcases; card cases (notecases); chain mesh purses; clothing for pets; collars for animals; game bags (hunting accessories); gold beaters’ skin; gut for making sausages; haversacks; horse blankets; horseshoes; knee-pads for horses; key cases; music cases; muzzles; net bags for shopping; nose bags (feed bags); pocket wallets; pouch baby carriers; school bags; sling bags for carrying infants; slings for carrying infants; straps for skates; straps for soldiers’ equipment; suitcase handles; vanity cases, not fitted; wheeled shopping bags.
- 25Headgear; clothing; footwear; boot uppers; cap peaks; dress shields; fittings of metal for footwear; footwear uppers; hat frames [skeletons]; heelpieces for footwear; heelpieces for stockings; heels; inner soles; non-slipping devices for footwear; pockets for clothing; ready-made linings [parts of clothing]; shirt fronts; shirt yokes; soles for footwear; studs for football boots; tips for footwear; welts for footwear; aprons [clothing]; ascots; babies’ pants [clothing]; bandanas [neckerchiefs]; baseball caps; bath robes; bath sandals; bath slippers; bathing caps; bathing trunks; beach clothes; beach shoes; beachwear; belts [clothing]; berets; bibs, not of paper; boas [necklets]; bodices [lingerie]; boots; boots for sports; brassieres; breeches for wear; camisoles; cap peaks; caps [headwear]; chasubles; clothing for gymnastics; clothing of imitations of leather; clothing of leather; coats; collar protectors; combinations [clothing]; corselets; corsets [underclothing]; cuffs; cyclists’ clothing; detachable collars; dress shields; dresses; dressing gowns; ear muffs [clothing]; esparto shoes or sandals; fishing vests; fittings of metal for footwear; football boots; footmuffs, not electrically heated; footwear uppers; fur stoles; furs [clothing]; gabardines [clothing]; gaiter straps; galoshes; garters; girdles; gloves [clothing]; golf shirts; gymnastic shoes; half-boots; Halloween costumes; hat frames [skeletons]; hats; headbands [clothing]; headgear for wear; headwear; heelpieces for footwear; heelpieces for stockings; heels; hoods [clothing]; hosiery; inner soles; jackets [clothing]; jerseys [clothing]; jumper dresses; kerchiefs; knitwear [clothing]; lace boots; layettes [clothing]; leotards; leg warmers; leggings [trousers]; liveries; maniples; mantillas; masquerade costumes; miters [hats]; mittens; money belts [clothing]; motorists’ clothing; muffs [clothing]; neckties; night shirts; night gowns; non-slipping devices for footwear; outerclothing; overalls; pants; paper clothing; paper hats [clothing]; parkas; pelerines; pelisses; petticoats; pocket squares; pockets for clothing; polo shirts; ponchos; pullovers; pyjamas; ready-made clothing; ready-made linings [parts of clothing]; robes; sandals; saris; sarongs; sashes for wear; scarves; shawls; shirt fronts; shirt yokes; shirts; shoes; shorts; short-sleeve shirts; shoulder wraps; shower caps; singlets; ski boots; ski gloves; skirts; skorts; skull caps; sleep masks; slippers; slips [undergarments]; smocks; sock suspenders; socks; soles for footwear; spats; sports shoes; stocking suspenders; stockings; stockings (sweat-absorbent -); studs for football boots; stuff jackets [clothing]; suits; suspenders; sweaters; swimsuits; teddies [undergarments]; tee-shirts; tights; tips for footwear; togas; top hats; topcoats; trousers; turbans; underpants; underwear; underwear (anti-sweat -); uniforms; veils [clothing]; vests; waterproof clothing; welts for footwear; wet suits for water-skiing; wimples; wooden shoes; warm up suits; jogging suits; sweat suits; sweat pants; sweat shirts; body suits; swimwear; bathing suits; beach and bathing cover-ups; gym shorts; tops; pajamas; robes; scarves; sport shirts; t-shirts; knit shirts; polo shirts; pullovers; sweaters; vests; tank tops; jumpsuits; playsuits; overcoats; wind resistant jackets; leather jackets; athletic footwear; sleepwear; underwear, briefs; boxer shorts; cloth diapers; undershirts; fancy dress costumes; jeans; babies’ clothing; babies’ undergarments; blazers; cardigans; cloth bibs; evening dresses; rainwear; school uniforms; trainers; wellington boots; wind jackets.
- 28Games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles not included in other classes; decorations for Christmas trees; festive decorations and artificial Christmas trees; fairground and playground apparatus; sporting equipment; toys, Christmas tree stands; Christmas trees of synthetic material; confetti; fairground ride apparatus; novelties for parties, dances [party favors, favours]; paper party hats; action skill games; action-type target games; amusement park rides; action figures and accessories therefor; board games; card games; children’s multiple activity toys; badminton sets; balloons; baseball bats; basketballs; bath toys; baseballs; beach balls; bean bags [in the form of playthings]; bean bag dolls; building blocks; bowling balls; bubble making wands and solution sets; catchers mitts; chess set; children’s play cosmetics; Christmas stockings; collectable toy figures; crib mobiles; crib toys; disc toss toys; dolls; doll clothing; doll accessories; doll houses; doll playsets; electric action toys; equipment sold as a unit for playing card games; equipment packaged as a unit for playing action type target games; equipment packaged as a unit for playing board games; equipment packaged as a unit for playing hand held electronic games; fishing tackle; golf balls; golf gloves; golf ball markers; hand held unit for playing electronic games; hockey pucks; inflatable toys; jigsaw puzzles; jump ropes; kites; magic tricks; marbles; manipulative games; mechanical toys; music box toys; musical toys; parlor games; party favors in the nature of small toys; party games; playing cards; plush toys; punching balls; puppets; roller skates; rubber balls; skateboards; snowboards; snow globes; soccer balls; spinning tops; squeeze toys; stuffed toys; table tennis tables; target games; teddy bears; tennis balls; toy action figures; toy bucket and shovel sets; toy mobiles; toy vehicles; toy scooters; toy cars; toy model hobbycraft kits; hobby craft sets for decorating hair, hobby craft sets for making decorative objects with magnets, hobby craft sets for making model buildings, hobby craft sets for making model figures, hobby craft sets for making toy jewelry, hobby craft sets consisting of play cosmetics; toy figures; toy banks; toy trucks; toy watches; water squirting toys; wind-up toys; spools for throwing, incorporating coiled string which unwinds and rewinds returning the spool to the hand; gymnastic articles; toys; balls for games; apparatus for games; gloves for games; skis; snowshoes; sleighs; air pistols; amusement machines, automatic and coin operated; arcade video game machine; backgammon games; bags especially designed for skis and surfboards; play balloons; balls for games; baseball glove; bats for games; batting gloves (accessories for games); bells for Christmas trees; billiard balls; billiard cue tips; billiard cues; billiard markers; billiard table cushions; billiard tables; coin operated billiard tables; coin operated pinball machines; bladders of balls for games; toy building blocks; board games; bob-sleighs; Christmas crackers, explosive bonbons; skating boots with skates attached; bows for archery; boxing gloves; building games; butterfly nets; candle holders for Christmas trees; toy caps for pistols; chalk for billiard cues; checkerboards; checkers; chess games; chessboards; Christmas trees of synthetic materials; ornaments for Christmas trees (except illumination articles and confectionery); golf clubs; confetti; counters for games; sole coverings for skis; cricket bats; cricket bags; darts; dice; cups for dice; dolls beds; dolls clothes; dolls feeding bottles; dolls houses; dolls rooms; dominoes; draughtboard; draughts; elbow guards; fairground ride apparatus; fencing gauntlets; fencing masks; fencing weapons; flippers for swimming; floats for bathing and swimming; floats for fishing; toy flying discs; tables for indoor football; fencing gloves; gloves for games; golf gloves; golf bags, with or without wheels; ice skates; in-line roller skates; jigsaw puzzles; practical jokes; kaleidoscopes; kite reels; kites; knee guards; marbles for games; marionettes; theatrical masks; toy masks; costume masks; mobiles; scale model vehicles; nets for sports; novelties for parties, dances (party favours); protective padding (parts of sports suits); paragliders; percussion caps; piñatas; toy pistols; playing balls; portable games with liquid crystal displays; punching bags; puppets; quoits; rackets; radio-controlled toy vehicles; rattles; ring games; rocking horses; roller skates; sailboards; harness for sailboards; masts for sailboards; scale model kits; scooters; shin guards; shuttlecocks; skateboards; seal skins (coverings for skis); ski bindings; wax for skis; skittles; snow for Christmas trees; snow globes; spinning tops; spring boards; starting blocks for sports; strings for rackets; stuffed toys; surfboards; surf skis; surfboard leashes; swimming belts; swimming jackets; swimming kick boards; tables for table tennis; teddy bears; tennis ball throwing apparatus; tennis nets; trampolines; video game machines; waterskis; toy swords; toy weapons; sabres [fencing weapon]; toy sabres; transforming robotic toys; bait (artificial fishing-); bite indicators (fishing tackle); bite sensors (fishing tackle); fish hooks; gut for fishing; lines for fishing; reels for fishing; gut for rackets; caps for pistols (toys); divot repair tools (golf accessories); edges of skis; masts for sailboards; paintballs (ammunition for paintball guns) (sports apparatus); rollers for stationary exercise bicycles; rosin used by athletes; scrapers for skis
You can check out the full application HERE
Any time I suggest that a trademark filing might suggest a new film/product coming down the tracks the keyboard warriors of the world (reddit, I’m talking to you) jump all over me saying that it means nothing, and the fact that a company has applied for a trademark doesn’t mean anything. I actually do usually do a bit more research into the patterns of trademarking before I post, so in the interests of you being able to make up your own mind, here’s every trademark applied for by LucasFilm and associated ‘Lucas’ companies for the last decade. Now you can decide for yourselves how many trademarks they apply for ‘just in case’ and how many they actually use, and you can make your own mind up.
For my part, I quite like that they applied for
- May the 4th Be with you, and
- Artoo Detoo