Anthony Joshua Trademarks
Boxer Anthony Joshua’s company has applied for a European Trademark for his name
For a trademark nerd (i.e. me) nothing tells me more about a person’s ambitions than how many classes they want to protect their name in and the sorts of goods/services they think they might want to lend their name to.
So Anthony Joshua obviously has fairly high ambitions then.
Yesterday, the his company 258 Marketing Limited applied for trademark protection across all of Europe for A LOT of stuff (though to be fair, nowhere near as bad as some people):
Some of my personal favourites include:
- Anthony Joshua Coin Holders
- Anthony Joshua Hair Removal and Shaving Preparations, and
- Anthony Joshua Boxed lunches consisting of rice, with added meat, fish or vegetables
You can check out the full list below
What’s a bit more interesting (to me, anyway) is his Net Worth
If you Google it, it’s supposed to be over 10 Million Pounds.
Well he’s Currently the Director of 5 Companies, including 2 incorporated this year, none of which have anywhere near 10 Million in the bank according to their last accounts (some of which were last year in fairness), so perhaps the cash is stashed under his pillow or the mattress. Probably the safest place for it, this Ninja would be more likely to try and rob a bank than rob Anthony Joshua and risk a box.
Incidentally, the most recently filed accounts for the company that applied for the trademark does show a cash pile of €440,166.
- 3Hair gel; Hair wax; Hair colouring; Hair dye; Hair shampoo; Hair spray; Hair conditioner; Hair care preparations; Hair styling preparations; Hair straightening preparations; Hair curling preparations; Hair grooming preparations; Hair preparations and treatments; Cosmetic hair care preparations; Hair removal and shaving preparations; Cosmetics for the use on the hair; After-shave; Shaving stones; Shaving preparations; After-shave preparations; Pre-shaving preparations; Toiletries; Essential oils and aromatic extracts; Perfumery and fragrances; Facial preparations; Eau de toilette; Eau de cologne; Deodorants for personal use; Anti-perspirant deodorants; Roll-on deodorants [toiletries]; Soaps; Cosmetics; Talcum powder; After sun products (not medicated); Moisturizers; Mouth washes; Toothpastes; Suntanning preparations; Sunscreen preparations; Shower gel; Bath gel.
- 5Dietary supplements and dietetic preparations; Herbal supplements and herbal extracts; Herbal beverages; Minerals, mineral preparations; Vitamin and mineral food supplements; Natural remedies; Nutritional supplements; Protein dietary supplements; Vitamin preparations.
- 9Headphones; Wireless headphones; In-ear headphones; Computer games; Games software; Video games software; Computer games programmes [software]; Pre-recorded DVDs featuring games; Interactive multimedia software for playing games; Pre-recorded compact discs featuring games; Pre-recorded video tapes featuring games; Pre-recorded audio tapes featuring games; Downloadable interactive entertainment software for playing computer games; Downloadable interactive entertainment software for playing video games; CDs; DVDs; Protective clothing [body armour]; Protective clothing for the prevention of injury; Boxing helmets; Abdomen protectors for protection against injury [other than parts of sports suits or adapted for use in specific sporting activities]; Chest protectors for the prevention of accident or injury [other than specifically adapted for sport]; Elbow protectors (protective -) for use against accidents [other than sports articles]; Electronic sports training simulators [computer hardware and software-based teaching apparatus]; Computer software for assisting in the design of sports equipment; Glasses for sports; Head guards for sports; Headwear for sporting activities for protection against injury; Mouth guards for sports; Sport whistles; Sports training simulators; Sunglasses; Downloadable electronic publications; Downloadable video recordings; Downloadable smartphone applications (software).
- 16Printed matter; Newspapers; Pamphlets; Catalogues; Calendars; Posters; Tickets; Photographs; Stationery; Geographical maps; Cards; Collectable cards; Gift cards; Greeting cards; Scoring cards; Trading cards; Note cards; Trivia cards; Picture cards; Business cards; Collectable trading cards; Stickers; Sticker albums; Decorative stickers for helmets; Magazines [periodicals]; Magazine supplements for newspapers; Periodicals; Books; Bookmarks; Book covers; Commemorative books; Printed books; Gift books; Autograph books; Gift paper.
- 18All purpose sport bags; Bags for sports clothing; Bags; Luggage bags; Luggage; Suitcases; Baggage; Courier bags; Pouches; Rucksacks; Multifunctional packs and wallets for carrying mobile phones, keys and other personal effects; Backpacks and bags for sporting and outdoor pursuits; Camping bags; Duffle bags; Holdalls; Shoulder bags; Articles made of leather and imitations of leather; Trunks and travelling bags; Bags all for use with cycles and motorcycles; Sports bags; Umbrellas; Coin holders; Licence holders; Key pouches; Leather; Parts and fittings for all the aforesaid.
- 24Knitted elastic fabrics for sportswear; Textile fabrics for use in the manufacture of sportswear; Fabrics; Textile goods, and substitutes for textile goods; Apparel fabrics; Curtains; Linens; Wall hangings; Banners; Bunting; Felt pennants; Flags and pennants of textile; Handkerchiefs; Plastic pennants; Plastic flags; Plastic banners; Soft furnishings; Towels [textile] for kitchen use; Textile goods, and substitutes for textile goods; Duvet covers; Towels.
- 25Clothing; Footwear; Headgear; Arm warmers [clothing]; Athletic tights; Athletics vests; Baselayer bottoms; Baselayer tops; Bathrobes; Beach clothes; Belts [clothing]; Body warmers; Bomber jackets; Boxer shorts; Bowties; Boxing shorts; Casualwear; Children’s wear; Clothing of imitations of leather; Coats; Collared shirts; Combative sports uniforms; Evening wear; Formalwear; Gilets; Gloves [clothing]; Gym shorts; Handwarmers [clothing]; Hooded tops; Jackets [clothing]; Jogging sets [clothing]; Ladies’ clothing; Leather jackets; Leisurewear; Light-reflecting jackets; Loungewear; Menswear; Nightwear; Outerclothing; Parkas; Rainwear; Robes; Running vests; Scarfs; Sportswear; Suits; Swim wear for gentlemen and ladies; Tee-shirts; Tracksuit bottoms; Tracksuit tops; Trousers; Underwear; Visors [headwear]; Athletic shoes; Boxing shoes; Boots for sports; Flip-flops; Footwear [excluding orthopedic footwear]; Running shoes; Sneakers; Sports headgear [other than helmets]; Sports caps; Ties.
- 28Sporting articles and equipment; Bags specially adapted for sports equipment; Bar-bells; Body protectors for sports use; Body toner apparatus [exercise]; Body training apparatus [exercise]; Boxing gloves; Boxing rings; Exercise balls; Floor-mounted punch balls; Fist protectors [sporting articles]; Gym balls; Gymnastic and sporting articles; Hand pads for sports use; Hand protectors adapted for sporting use; Indoor fitness apparatus; Inflatable punching bags; Protective padding for sports; Punching bags; Shock absorbtion pads for protection against injury [sporting articles]; Squeezable balls used to relieve stress; Weight lifing gloves; Shock absorption.
- 29Dairy products and dairy substitutes; Meats; Oils and fats; Fish, seafood and molluscs; Processed fruits, fungi and vegetables (including nuts and pulses); Drinks made from dairy products; Yogurt; Prepared meals consisting substantially of seafood; Prepared meals made from meat [meat predominating]; Prepared meals made from poultry [poultry predominating]; Nut-based food bars; Nut-based snack foods; Nuts, prepared; Prepared meals containing [principally] eggs; Prepared salads; Snack foods based on vegetables; Snack foods based on nuts; Soups; Tofu.
- 30Baked goods, confectionery, chocolate and desserts; Coffee, teas and cocoa and substitutes therefor; Ice, ice creams, frozen yogurts and sorbets; Processed grains, starches, and goods made thereof, baking preparations and yeasts; Salts, seasonings, flavourings and condiments; Sugars, natural sweeteners, sweet coatings and fillings, bee products; Boxed lunches consisting of rice, with added meat, fish or vegetables; Burritos; Cereal-based snack food; Cheeseburgers [sandwiches]; Chocolate-based ready-to-eat food bars; Crepes; Pasta dishes; Pizzas; Popcorn; Rice-based snack food; Rice-based prepared meals; Sandwiches; Snack food products consisting of cereal products; Snack foods consisting principally of bread; Snacks manufactured from muesli; Wrap [sandwich].
- 32Non-alcoholic beverages; Flavoured carbonated beverages; Juices; Waters; Beverages containing vitamins; Energy drinks; Energy drinks containing caffeine; Frozen fruit-based beverages; Fruit-based soft drinks flavored with tea; Isotonic beverages; Non-carbonated soft drinks; Protein-enriched sports beverages; Smoothies; Sports drinks containing electrolytes; Whey beverages; Vitamin enriched sparkling water [beverages]; Sports drinks; Soya-based beverages, other than milk substitutes; Preparations for making beverages; Concentrates for making fruit drinks; Concentrates for use in the preparation of soft drinks; Cordials; Powders for effervescing beverages; Powders for the preparation of beverages; Squashes [non-alcoholic beverages]; Beer; Lagers; Low alcohol beer; Non-alcoholic beer; Pale ale.
- 41Entertainment in the nature of boxing contests; Organization of boxing matches; Training in sports; Advisory services relating to the organisation of sporting events; Arranging of sporting events; Booking of seats for shows and sports events; Booking of sports facilities; Booking of sports personalities for events (services of a promoter); Coaching in the field of sports; Conducting of live sports events; Conducting of sports competitions; Cultural and sporting activities; Education, entertainment and sports; Educational and training services relating to sport; Entertainment provided during intervals of sporting events; Entertainment services relating to sport; Entertainment, sporting and cultural activities; Information services relating to sport; Operation of sports camps; Organisation of events for cultural, entertainment and sporting purposes; Organisation of sporting events and competitions; Organisation of sports tuition; Production of sporting events; Providing facilities for sporting events, sports and athletic competitions and awards programmes; Providing information relating to sports; Providing sports entertainment via a website; Provision and management of sporting events; Provision of sporting competitions; Provision of sporting events; Rental of sports grounds; Services for the organisation of sports events; Sport camp services; Sporting and cultural activities; Sports and fitness; Sports coaching services; Sports tuition, coaching and instruction; Training of sports players; Providing electronic publications (not downloadable); Providing on-line videos (not downloadable)