You might think it’s a bit retro looking because it’s in black and white, but actually there’s a good legal reason it’s in black and white is because that means they aren’t claiming that the colours are an integral part of it, which means they can use the logo in any colour (more or less). If you specify colours, or submit a colour logo, only that colour is protected.
Filed on 07 July 2016, and for protection across the whole EU. I expect the US one will follow.
Well, what do you think?
Here’s all the classes it’s registered for in:
- 9Scientific, nautical, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electricity; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; compact discs, DVDs and other digital recording media; mechanisms for coin operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment and computers; fire-extinguishing apparatus; computer hardware and computer software, computer peripherals; operating and user instructions stored in digital form for computers and computer software, in particular on floppy disks or CD-ROM; eyeglasses and sunglasses; protective helmets for sports; life jackets; cinematographic films (exposed), exposed films; animated cartoons; audio discs; audio recordings; audio and video recordings; audio speakers; binoculars; calculators; camcorders; cameras; CD-ROMs; CD-ROM drives (as part of the computer); CD-ROM writers (as part of the computer); cellular telephones; cellular telephone accessories; cellular telephone cases; cellular telephone covers; chips containing musical recordings; face plates for cellular telephones; compact disc players; compact disc recorders; compact discs; computer game programs; computer game cartridges and discs; computer keyboards; computer monitors; computer mouse; computer disc drives; cordless telephones; decorative magnets; digital cameras; digital video and audio players; downloadable electronic publications; downloadable software applications for mobile devices; DVD players; DVD recorders; digital versatile discs; digital video discs; pre-recorded optical and magneto-optical discs; optical and magneto-optical disc players and recorders for audio, video and computer data; electrical and optical cables; electronic personal organizers; eyeglass cases; flotation vests; graduated rulers for office and stationery; headphones; karaoke machines; microphones; MP3 players; modems (as part of a computer); mouse pads; motion picture films; musical recordings; pagers; personal stereos; personal digital assistants; printers; radios; snorkels; swimming goggles; swim masks; telephones; television sets; video cameras; video cassette recorders; video cassette players; video game cartridges; video game discs; video cassettes; videophones; video recordings; walkie-talkies; wrist and arm rests for use with computers.
- 14Precious metals and their alloys; goods in precious metals or coated therewith, namely, clocks, jewellery, jewellery boxes, jewellery cases, key rings, non-monetary coins, watches, watch bands; jewellery, precious stones; horological and chronometric instruments; alarm clocks; bracelets; busts of precious metal; charms; clocks; earrings; jewellery; jewellery cases of precious metal; jewellery chains; key rings of precious metal; lapel pins; neck chains; necklaces; necktie fasteners; non-monetary coins; ornamental pins; pendants; rings; stop watches; tie clips; tie fasteners; tie tacks; wall clocks; watch bands; watch cases; watch chains; watch straps; watches; wedding bands; wristwatches; jewellery boxes not of metal; key fobs not of metal; goods made of leather and imitations of leather, namely, key chains.
- 16Paper, cardboard; goods made from paper and cardboard, namely printed publications, office and school supplies, temporary tattoos, shopping bags; printed matter; bookbinding material; photographs; stationery; adhesives for stationery or household purposes; artists’ materials; paint brushes; typewriters and office requisites (except furniture); instructional and teaching material (except apparatus); plastic materials for packaging (not included in other classes); printers’ type; printing blocks; address books; almanacs; appliqués in the form of decals; appointment books; art prints; arts and craft paint kits; autograph books; baby books; ball point pens; baseball cards; binders; bookends; bookmarks; books; bumper stickers; calendars; cartoon strips; crayons; Christmas cards; chalk; chalk boards; children’s activity books; coasters made of paper; coin albums; colouring books; colouring pages; colour pencils; comic books; comic strips; coupon books; decals; decorative paper centerpieces; diaries; drawing rulers; dry erase writing boards; embroidery designs patterns; envelopes; erasers; felt pens; flash cards; gift cards; gift wrapping paper; globes; greeting cards; guest books; magazines; maps; markers; memo pads; modelling clay; newsletters; newspapers; note paper; notebooks; notebook paper; paintings; paper flags; paper cake decorations; paper party decorations; paper napkins; paper party bags; paperweights; paper gift wrap bows; paper pennants; paper place mats; paper table cloths; plastic party bags; pen or pencil holders; pencils; pencil sharpeners; pen and pencil cases and boxes; pens; periodicals; photograph albums; pictorial prints; picture books; portraits; postcards; posters; printed awards; printed certificates; printed invitations; printed menus; printed patterns for costumes; publications in the field of comic book stories and artwork; recipe books; rubber stamps; sandwich bags; score cards; stamp albums; staplers; stickers; trading cards; ungraduated rulers; writing paper; writing implements; letter openers of precious metal; decorative glitter pens for stationery purposes.
- 18Leather and imitations of leather; goods made of leather and imitations of leather, namely, bags, backpacks, calling card cases, coin purses, fanny packs, key cases, luggage, luggage tags, purses, umbrellas, wallets; animal skins, hides; trunks and travelling bags; umbrellas, parasols and walking sticks; whips, harness and saddlery; all purpose sport bags; athletic bags; baby backpacks; backpacks; beach bags; book bags; calling card cases; change purses; coin purses; diaper bags; duffel bags; fanny packs; gym bags; handbags; knapsacks; key cases; luggage; luggage tags; overnight bags; purses; satchels; shopping bags; tote bags; waist packs; wallets.
- 21Household or kitchen utensils and containers; combs and sponges; brushes (except paint brushes); brush-making materials; articles for cleaning purposes; steelwool; unworked or semi-worked glass (except glass used in building); glassware, porcelain and earthenware (not included in other classes); beverageware; beverage glassware; bowls; brooms; cake pans; cake molds; cake servers; candle holders not of precious metal; candle snuffers; canteens; ceramic figurines; coasters not of paper and not being table linen; collapsible boxes for household use; cookie jars; cookie cutters; cork screws; cups; decorating bags for confectioners; decorative crystal prisms; decorative glass; decorative plates; dishes; figurines made of china, crystal, earthenware, glass, or porcelain; flower pots; hair brushes; hair combs; heat-insulated vessels; insulating sleeve holders for beverage containers; lunch boxes; mugs; napkin holders; napkin rings not of precious metals; oven mitts; paper cups; paper plates; pie pans; pie servers; plastic cups; plastic water bottles; plates; soap dishes; tea kettles; tea sets; thermal insulated containers for food or beverage; toothbrushes; trays; trivets; vacuum bottles; waste baskets; candle snuffers of precious metal; candlesticks of precious metal; drinking straws; barbecue mitts; pot holders.
- 24Textiles and textile goods (not included in other classes); bed and table covers; afghans; bath linen; bath towels; bed blankets; bed canopies; bed linen; bed sheets; bed skirts; bed spreads; blanket throws; calico; children’s blankets; cloth coasters; cloth doilies; cloth flags; cloth pennants; comforters; curtains; fabric flags; felt pennants; golf towels; hand towels; handkerchiefs; hooded towels; household linen; kitchen towels; pillow cases; pillow covers; quilts; receiving blankets; silk blankets; table linen; textile napkins; textile place mats; textile tablecloths; throws; towels; washcloths; woolen blankets; plastic table covers; plastic flags; plastic pennants.
- 25Clothing, footwear, headgear; belts; aprons; athletic shoes; bandanas; baseball caps; beach cover-ups; beachwear; bibs; bikinis; blazers; boots; bow ties; bras; caps; chaps; cloth bibs; coats; dresses; ear muffs; gloves; golf shirts; Halloween costumes; hats; head bands; head wear; hosiery; infantwear; jackets; jeans; jerseys; kerchiefs; leotards; leg warmers; mittens; neckties; night shirts; night gowns; overalls; pajamas; pants; panty hose; polo shirts; ponchos; rainwear; robes; sandals; scarves; shirts; shoes; skirts; shorts; slacks; slippers; sleepwear; socks; stockings; sweaters; sweat pants; sweat shirts; swimsuits; tank tops; tights; T-shirts; underwear; vests; wrist bands; bolo ties with precious metal tips.
- 28Games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles (not included in other classes); playing cards; action skill games; action figures and accessories therefor; board games; card games; children’s multiple activity toys; badminton sets; balloons; baseball bats; basketballs; bath toys; baseballs; beach balls; bean bag dolls; building blocks; bowling balls; bubble making wands and solution sets; catcher’s mitts; chess sets; children’s play cosmetics; Christmas stockings; Christmas tree decorations; collectable toy figures; crib mobiles; crib toys; disc toss toys; dolls; doll clothing; doll accessories; doll playsets; electric action toys; equipment sold as a unit for playing card games; fishing tackle; golf balls; golf gloves; golf ball markers; hand held unit for playing electronic games; hockey pucks; inflatable toys; jigsaw puzzles; jump ropes; kites; magic tricks; marbles; manipulative games; mechanical toys; music box toys; musical toys; parlor games; party favors in the nature of small toys; party games; plush toys; punching balls; puppets; roll playing games; roller skates; rubber balls; skateboards; snowboards; snow globes; soccer balls; spinning tops; squeeze toys; stuffed toys; table tennis tables; target games; teddy bears; tennis balls; toy action figures; toy bucket and shovel sets; toy masks; toy mobiles; toy vehicles; toy scooters; toy cars; toy model hobbycraft kits; toy figures; toy banks; toy model train sets; toy trucks; toy watches; water squirting toys; wind-up toys; water slides; yo-yos; paper party favors; paper party hats.
- 41Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities; production, presentation, distribution, and rental of motion picture films; production, presentation, distribution, and rental of television and radio programs; production, presentation, distribution, and rental of sound and video recordings; entertainment information; production of entertainment shows and interactive programs for distribution via television, cable, satellite, audio and video media, cartridges, laser discs, computer discs and electronic means; production and provision of entertainment, news, and information via communication and computer networks; amusement park and theme park services; educational and entertainment services rendered in or relating to theme parks; live stage shows; presentation of live performances; theater productions; entertainer services; online interactive entertainment; online games.
Full Application as follows